Wörthersee GTI Fest 2018 contest
Terms & Conditions
The organiser of Volkswagen 'Wörthersee GTI Fest 2018' contest ("Contest") is Volkswagen Passenger Cars Malaysia ("Volkswagen Malaysia"). By participating in this Contest, you are deemed to have read and understood and are fully aware of all the terms, conditions and decisions made by Volkswagen Malaysia ("Contest Terms and Conditions") and you agree to comply with these Contest Terms and Conditions. Volkswagen Malaysia reserves the right to terminate the Contest at any time without prior notice. Volkswagen Malaysia shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense as a result. Volkswagen Malaysia reserves the right to change, amend, delete or add to these Contest Terms and Conditions without prior notice at any time at its sole discretion. Participants agree to be bound to any such changes. Volkswagen Malaysia's decision shall be final and binding. No correspondence shall be entertained.
1. Eligibility and Contest Period
The Contest is open to Malaysian residents during the Preliminary Round (as defined below). Employees of Volkswagen Malaysia and its subsidiaries, marketing/event agencies, dealers and their immediate families, are not allowed to participate in this Contest.
The Contest will be separated into two (2) parts:
· Part 1: Quick-fire quiz: From 19th - 27th March 2018 ("Preliminary Round")
· Part 2: Final round: On 31st March 2018 ("Final Round")
All entries received outside of the Preliminary Round will not be considered. Volkswagen Malaysia reserves the right to revise the Preliminary Round and Final Round at any time without giving any notice whatsoever.
2. Contest Format and Selection of Finalists and Winner
The Contest will be in the following format:
Part 1: Quick-fire Quiz
· Participants are required to register and complete their personal details on Volkswagen Malaysia's website (https://www.volkswagen.com.my/GTIWorthersee).
· Following the registration of personal details, Participants may opt to take part in a practice round of the Quick-fire Quiz.
· After the completion of the practice round, Participants can begin the Quick-fire Quiz.
· Participants are required to answer a set of ten (10) multiple choice questions in the fastest amount of time.
· Each Participant may submit multiple entries during the Contest Period. However, each Participant is limited to one (1) prize per Participant.
· Three (3) finalists ("Finalists") will be selected based on the fastest time and the most number of correct answers, subject to the decision by the panel of judges. The Finalists will then be given the opportunity to participate in the Final Round of the Contest.
· The judges' decisions are final and comments will not be entertained.
· The Finalists will be announced via Volkswagen Malaysia's Facebook page (www.facebook.com/VolkswagenMalaysia) on 28th March 2018. Volkswagen Malaysia will not be held responsible for any failure, technical glitch or delay in the announcement of the winners. Volkswagen Malaysia shall not be responsible for any failure in contacting any finalists.
· The Finalists will be required to inbox Volkswagen Malaysia's Facebook page with their details (Name, I.C no., contact no., email address, mailing address) by 29th March 2018 in order for them to secure a spot in the Final Round.
· In the event that any of the Finalist fails to inbox Volkswagen Malaysia's Facebook page with their details by 29th March 2018, such Finalist will be disqualified and Volkswagen Malaysia will select the next best Participant for the Final Round. As such, Participants are advised to check the Volkswagen Malaysia's Facebook page regularly.
Part 2: Final Round (live in 1Utama Shopping Centre)
· The Finalists will compete head-to-head in a live quiz hosted at High Street, 1Utama Shopping Centre on the 31st March 2018.
· The Finalists must ensure that they are available to attend this event. In the event that any of the Finalist is unable to attend the event, such Finalist must inform Volkswagen Malaysia by 29th March 2018.
· All costs in relation to travel, accommodation, allowance and any ancillary costs incidental to the Finalists attending the Final Round shall be borne by the Finalists.
· The Winner will be selected based on the fastest time and the most correct answers, subject to the decision by the panel of judges. The judges' decisions are final and comments will not be entertained.
· Only one (1) Finalist will be eligible to win the prize of the Contest, which will be announced in the event. The prize shall be given at the absolute discretion of Volkswagen Malaysia based on the criteria as mentioned above and no further award or claims shall be granted by Volkswagen Malaysia other than in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Contest.
· The Winner hereby irrevocably agrees and gives consent to Volkswagen Malaysia to publish any related matter to the Contest including and not limited to the Winner's name, interviews and photographs for current and future advertising and promotional purposes without any further notice to the Winner.
The Winner will receive trip for two (2) persons to the Wörthersee GTI Festival, which will be held from 9 to 12 May 2018. The Winner will receive, subject to availability and subject to the terms and conditions of the airline carrier and hotel (cumulatively known as "Prize"),
Additional Terms and Conditions in relation to the Prize:
· Travelling Party: The Winner and partner must be over 18 years of age, with a valid driving license and passport.
· Additional Expenses: The Winner shall bear any costs incurred in relation to additional excursions, attractions, treatments, personal, medical, personal expenses, room services, laundry services, excess baggage, all items of personal nature, custom taxes, airport taxes and visa for himself and the Travelling Party.
· Travel Documents: The Winner and the Travelling Party must hold a valid passport with at least six (6) months validity. It is the Winner's responsibility to ensure that himself and the Travelling Party are adequately insured and have obtained the necessary visa and other travel documents (if so required) at their sole cost and expenses.
Passport control and in-country authorities reserve the right to refuse entry. If the Winner and the Travelling Party are refused passage, entry or exit to or from the country being visited, Volkswagen Malaysia shall not be responsible in any way to compensate the Winner for such refusal of passage, entry or exit and any additional costs incurred will be at the sole cost and responsibility of the Winner.
· Non-transferable: The Prize shall be taken in accordance with the dates and destination specified by Volkswagen Malaysia by the Winner and the named Travelling Party. The Prize shall not be transferable and no cash alternative or alternative destination shall be offered.
· Amendment: Volkswagen Malaysia reserves the right to amend any details of the Prize at its sole discretion.
Volkswagen Malaysia will not be responsible or liable for:
· Any problem, damage or loss of whatsoever nature to any participant, or their authorised representatives resulting from their participation in the Contest.
· Any direct or incidental costs incurred by the Winner in order to claim the Prize.
· Any incorrect or inaccurate information submitted by the Participants.
· Any error (including error in notification of Finalists or Winner), omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, internet line failure, theft, destruction of, or unauthorised access to entries, PC hang whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, viruses, bugs or other causes outside its control. Any responsibility in the case of an event that may prevent the participants from participating in the Contest, as a result of certain technical restrictions or other limitations specific or force majeure which include but not limited to regulatory events, government directive, act of God etc.
· Any of its obligations under this Contest or in respect of the prizes where it is unable to do so as a result of circumstances beyond its control and shall not be liable to compensate participants in such circumstances.
6. PRIVACY NOTICE UNDER THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
· Sending you information related to online promotions, contests and events, and related to our marketing activities, unless you have indicated to us that you do not wish for us to process your personal data for such purposes;
· Using your information for marketing and statistical analysis for planning and demo-graphical use;
· Complying with local law and regulatory requirements or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities;
· Any other purposes related to our marketing activities.
7. OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
· Participants hereby undertake the Contest at their own risk and agrees to indemnify and keep Volkswagen Malaysia indemnified from and against all claims, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, penalties, losses, costs, expenses (including without limitation, legal fees and disbursements on a full indemnity basis) which Volkswagen Malaysia may suffer, incur or sustain as a result of or in consequence of or in relation to any breaches of any of the representations, warranties, undertakings and terms contained in these terms and conditions of use.
· In the event of any inconsistency between this Contest Terms and Conditions and any representations, advertising, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with the Contest, these Contest Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
· The Contest Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with laws of Malaysia. Participant(s) agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia over all matters arising from this Contest.