A wide track, large wheels and the sporty details on the vehicle body give your Golf V a powerful and dynamic look. What's more, the downward-sweeping bonnet is a real head-turner. But beauty alone is not enough: numerous design elements also make your journey safer. An example: the lane change assist warning lamp. All in tried-and-tested Volkswagen quality.
A versatile companion in both summer and winter: The new electromechanical power steering makes the journey in your Golf V even easier and safer. The steering system is adaptive, recognises the driving situation and will only support you with steering when you need it - but when it does, it's always precise. Along with the stable vehicle body, up to eight airbags, ABS and Electronic Stability Control turn your Golf V into your own personal bodyguard.
Thanks to the optimised McPherson front axle and a wide track, the Golf V is both comfortable to drive and extremely stable. It even tilts less to the side in the front axle area. To make sure your journey is a smooth one, the separately located dampers and springs absorb any bumps and knocks. Plus, the generous vehicle interior provides you with plenty of room and comfort, even on longer journeys.
Whether you're on the motorway or winding country roads, the four-link rear suspension will make sure your Golf V gives a dynamic performance. Even tight bends are no match for this vehicle, barely tilting to the side. What's more, it reacts to uneven roads with greater accuracy - and there's one more thing you'll sense: Pure driving pleasure.
It's reassuring to know you'll always find your way. Thanks to the radio navigation system with dynamic route guidance via RDS TMC, you can also listen to your favourite song along the way. The CD changer for up to 6 CDs guarantees hours of entertainment.
CD-radio, wooden steering wheel or heated seats: Each of our special features gives your Golf V a personal touch. For example, classic leather equipment, a sliding glass sunroof and a chrome package for a sparkling finish. Or give yourself even more space with a load-through hatch in the backrest. Make yourself comfortable.
With its range of ingenious technical features, the Golf V is just waiting to make your life easier. A couple of examples: The "Plus" multi-function display informs you of everything you need to know during your journey. The light and vision package makes sure you can see everything going on around you, and the rain sensor will automatically activate your wipers the second it feels the first drop.
1. Vehicles with 4-wheel drive (4MOTION) may be towed with a tow-bar or a tow-rope.
If the vehicle is towed with a raised front or rear axle, the engine must be
switched off, otherwise the drive train may become damaged.
2. Incorrectly connected jump leads can cause considerable damages to the vehicle electrics.
3. If a securing clip is Withd by a stronger securing clip, damages may occur at a different point in the electrical system.
1. Never remove snow or ice from the windows and mirrors with warm or hot water -
you risk cracking the glass!
2. Switch off the rain sensor before you enter a car wash in the vehicle.
3. The filaments of the rear window heating are located on the inside of the rear window. In order to avoid any damages, do not stick any stickers over the filaments and never clean the inside of the rear window with corrosive or acidic cleaning products or other chemicals.
4. Cleaners that contain solvents, hard sponges and other sharp-edged items damage the graphite coating during the wiper blade cleaning process.
5. If you do not correctly fit the rubber covers or plastic caps on the headlight housing after changing the bulbs, damages to the electrical system may occur as a result of water trickling into it.
6. Spot on with the coming home and leaving home functions. There'll be no tripping over on your way to the front door, even in the dark. Simply choose how long you would like your headlights to remain illuminated after getting out of the car, enabling you to easily find your way to the door. If you press "unlock" again later, they'll come on again straight away.
1. You should never try to remove dirt, mud or dust when the vehicle surface is dry; do not use a dry cloth or sponge either, as this may damage the vehicle's paintwork or windows. Soak the dirt, mud or dust with plenty of water.
2. In order to function properly, the parking aid requires the sensors in the rear
bumper to be kept clean and clear of ice. If you are cleaning your vehicle with
high pressure cleaners or steam jets, you should only spray the sensors directly
for a very short time and always from a distance greater than 10 cm.
3. Matt-painted parts or plastic parts must not be treated with polishing agents or hard waxes.
4. Never apply abrasive cleaning products when treating chrome components.
5. How to check your maintenance interval: Switch on the ignition. Important: The engine must not be running. Set the trip metre to zero and hold down the reset button for approximately 2 seconds. You will then see how many days and kilometres you have left before the next inspection. The trip metre will then return to the previous value.
6. Check your Golf V live with us. Hot tip for everyone who wants to see their Golf V through the eyes of a professional: At your next service appointment, book yourself in for our free of charge Dialogue Reception Service and we'll check your Golf V together.