Just a call away, when you need us most.
As a Volkswagen owner, you're driving one of the most reliable cars on the road.
But so that you can have total peace of mind, all Volkswagen vehicles under warranty enjoy FREE 5 years Roadside Assistance.
If your vehicle has already broken down or you need immediate assistance please call:
From Peninsular Malaysia : 1800-88-2389
From Singapore/Thailand : +603 2161 0327
24-hour roadside assistance services.
When your Volkswagen is immobilised following an electrical or mechanical breakdown, an accident, a pilot error (e.g. lack of fuel, locked keys) the 24 hour roadside assistance service team will help you organise the following services:
Assistance and recovery
If your vehicle is immobilised and cannot be fixed immediately, our Roadside Assistance will tow the vehicle to the nearest Volkswagen service centre. For security reasons, towing service will not be provided to an unattended vehicle.
At the Volkswagen driver's request, a telephone call will be made to an individual (family or friend) of the Volkswagen driver's choice.
Battery jump start
Our qualified technician will be dispatched to provide a jump start. If your vehicle cannot be driven safely, towing services will be provided.
If your vehicle has a flat tyre, our qualified technician will attempt to remove it and install a spare tyre (if available) in a safe environment. If your vehicle does not have a spare tyre or if the spare is not safely operable, towing service will be provided.
Terms and conditions
Adverse weather conditions - On occasions when adverse weather such as floods, heavy thunder, and lightning challenge external resources, some operations may become physically impossible until the weather improves. During such situations, our main priority is to ensure that you and your passengers are taken to a safe place. The recovery of your Volkswagen may not be possible until weather conditions permit it.
Rights - In the case of a false statement, we shall have the right to refuse any or all benefits. In the unlikely event of a dispute arising, for which a satisfactory solution cannot be found, we reserve the right to appoint an independent third party to act as an arbitrator to resolve the matter.
Force majeure - We shall not be liable for failure to provide services under the terms of services set out in this page if such failure is caused or contributed by acts of nature, acts of a public enemy, acts of government authority or any political sub-division or any department or regulatory agency thereof or entity created thereby, acts of terrorism, orders of any court or arbitrary body, acts of any person engaged in subversive activity or sabotage, strikes, embargoes, delays due to any of the above causes or events beyond our reasonable control.
Removal of belongings prior to recovery - Please ensure that you remove all belongings from your Volkswagen prior to recovery. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings left in the vehicle.
Distance - The Roadside Assistance service will cover towing up to 150km round trip.
Exceptions to the 24-hour roadside assistance service.
The 24-hour roadside assistance service is purely intended to cover emergency situations. As a result, this service will not cover certain problems that you may encounter while driving your Volkswagen unless there is a real and discernible threat to your personal safety and the safety of others. This list includes (but is not limited to) the following items:
- Fuel gauge is faulty.
- Speedometer is malfunctioning.
- Boot cannot be opened.
- Fuel cap is damaged or faulty and the Volkswagen car has enough fuel in the tank to enable it to reach the nearest Volkswagen Service Centre.
- Roof of convertible cannot be opened.
- Sunroof cannot be opened. Sunroof cannot be closed but weather conditions are fair and the Volkswagen and its passengers are not exposed to any security risk.
- Windows cannot be opened.
- Seat adjustor is faulty but the Volkswagen can be driven safely.
- Other non-safety related lights/service warnings are illuminated.
Whilst the services rendered under the 24-hour roadside assistance service are intended at no cost to you, we wish to clarify that the team will not be responsible for:
- Loss or damage to any property carried in or on your Volkswagen.
- Any expenses incurred without prior authorisation of the 24-hour roadside assistance service.
- Cost of replacement parts.
- Cost of repairs made to your Volkswagen.
- Any costs resulting from participation in motor racing, rallies, speed or duration tests.
- Any costs resulting from your Volkswagen being kept in a not-roadworthy condition or not being serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Any costs as a result of damage and/or claims caused while the driver operating the Volkswagen under influence of alcohol, solvent abuse, drugs, or other illegal substances.
- Any costs resulting from participation in a criminal act or offence.
- Any consequential losses arising directly or indirectly from the immobilisation.
- If, as a result of a road traffic accident or other incidents, specialist equipment is required during the course of recovering your Volkswagen, the cost of this specialist equipment will be your responsibility. We recommend that you seek reimbursement of such costs under the terms of your motor insurance policy.
- In the event that the authorities or other authorised organizations recover your Volkswagen, it will be your responsibility to pay any resulting release fees before we can remove your vehicle to a Volkswagen service centre.
Frequently Asked Question
This is a 24 hour, 365 days a year emergency roadside assistance service exclusive to owners of Volkswagen cars registered
in Peninsular Malaysia and enrolled in the programme. Volkswagen Roadside Assistance is manned by a team of experienced
multi-lingual staff who will provide assistance in the event your vehicle becomes immobilised
Terms and conditions apply. Not Applicable for Volkswagen cars purchased before 2009 and after 1st January 2016. The 5-year manufacturer's warranty and 5-year Volkswagen Roadside Assistance programmes are based on the 5-year period commencing on the date of purchase.
Telephone Volkswagen Roadside Assistance and provide the call centre staff with your name and exact location, vehicle registration number, Volkswagen model, contact details, description of the problem, confirmation of your house address and proof of ownership (if required) so that the call centre staff can efficiently coordinate assistance for you.
Volkswagen Roadside Assistance is available in Peninsular Malaysia (excluding islands, except Langkawi and Penang), and in East
Malaysia within 25km of Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan, Lahad Datu, Tawau, Sibu, Bintulu, Miri, Kuching or on the island of Labuan.
The services are also available in Singapore and Thailand. Not applicable for Volkswagen cars purchased after 1st January 2016.
Yes, replacement parts and any workshop labour costs would be your responsibility, unless covered under the manufacturer's
warranty. Terms and conditions apply.
Volkswagen Roadside Assistance understands the frustration and inconvenience experienced by a vehicle owner in the event of
a breakdown. Our aim is to ensure that any inconvenience is kept to a minimum. Therefore, on receipt of your call, our fully trained
call centre staff will immediately arrange for the nearest and most appropriate service provider to assist you. The duration of wait
will depend on the availability of the assistance provider, your breakdown location, traffic and weather conditions. During the course
of the assistance, we will maintain contact with you and provide updates of the estimated time of arrival of the service provider.
Yes, you must be present at the breakdown location in order for assistance services to be rendered to your vehicle. In the event
of a tow, you are required to sign a release form before your vehicle can be towed to the nearest Volkswagen service centre.
Please ensure that you remove all your belongings from your vehicle prior to towing. Volkswagen Roadside Assistance is not
responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings left in the vehicle.
Volkswagen Roadside Assistance will tow your vehicle from the accident or breakdown location to the nearest authorised
Volkswagen service centre. If you request to have your vehicle towed to a non-authorised service centre you will be responsible
for all costs associated with the towing, and you will not be eligible for any other benefit detailed in this policy.
In order to maintain the highest level of service, all arrangement must be made by Volkswagen Roadside Assistance. Volkswagen
Roadside Assistance has an appointed network of service providers and facilities to provide the services as described in this policy.
You should contact an authorised Volkswagen Body & Paint service centre and vehicle insurer for vehicle accident insurance claims.
Volkswagen Roadside Assistance is designed to provide emergency assistance. However, we will gladly provide you with the
contact details of the authorised Volkswagen service centre of your choice.
Yes, Volkswagen Roadside Assistance will arrange assistance for you since this situation could be a potential hazard if you attempt
to drive your vehicle.
Due to the fact that this condition does not immobilise your vehicle, you would need to drive your vehicle to an authorised
Volkswagen service centre.
(i) If anyone is injured, telephone the local emergency number (police, ambulance, fire brigade) for immediate assistance prior to Volkswagen Roadside Assistance.
(ii) If no one is injured, we recommend the following:
If due to the nature of the accident, your vehicle or other vehicles involved in the accident are seriously obstructing traffic or causing a potential hazard, you should contact the appropriate local authorities prior to contacting Volkswagen Roadside Assistance. This is to ensure that the authorities are on the scene as soon as possible
If the accident takes place in an expressway, the above applies; however you should make use of the emergency SOS telephones that are located on the expressways.
If neither of the above points are applicable, telephone Volkswagen Roadside Assistance. We will arrange to tow your vehicle
to the nearest authorised Volkswagen Body & Paint service centre.
Note the registration numbers of all the vehicles involved in the accident and if possible exchange contact details and insurance information with all parties involved including any witness.
If possible make a brief sketch or diagram of the accident scene detailing the location of your vehicle and other vehicles involved in the accident, the date, the time, and weather conditions.
Remove all personal belongings from your vehicle prior to towing.
Contact your insurance company at the earliest possible opportunity to inform them of the incident and request information on claim filing procedures.
Confirm with the authorised Volkswagen Body & Paint service centre if an estimate of repair will need to be provided to your insurance company.
5-Years Unlimited Mileage Warranty
5 Years Unlimited Mileage Warranty (Vehicles registered as of 1st September 2016)
All new Volkswagen passenger vehicles purchased from an authorised Volkswagen Dealership in Malaysia qualify for a 5-years New Vehicle Warranty.
Unlimited Mileage Warranty (5 years)
Unlimited Mileage Warranty will cover the first 5 years from the vehicle's first registration date. *** Terms & Conditions apply.
3 Years Free Maintenance
3 Years Free Maintenance
Three-Year Free Maintenance.
All Volkswagen cars registered from the 1st of January 2018 are eligible, regardless of model. The three-year free maintenance programme on Volkswagen cars will help provide peace of mind to owners as the cost of caring for their cars will be taken up by Volkswagen.
This programme covers all maintenance costs, as per the standard maintenance schedule with the exception of wear-and-tear parts such as brake discs, pads, windscreen wipers and bulbs.
The owners of the cars will also need to follow the service schedule at authorised Volkswagen service centres or risk voiding the coverage.
* Terms and conditions apply to all of the above.
1. Servicing of the vehicle must be done at a Volkswagen Authorised Service Centre only.
2. The Three (3) Free Periodic Maintenance is not exchangeable for cash.
3. Wear & tear items are not included.
4. The Free Periodic Maintenance services are subject to intervals as stated below:
15,000 KM or 1 Year (whichever comes first)
30,000 KM or 2 Years (whichever comes first)
45,000 KM or 3 Years (whichever comes first)
Volkswagen Insurance Plan Our insurance plan is designed to offer you piece of mind and protection for your Volkswagen.
Guaranteed VIP treatment just for you.
No matter rain or shine, Volkswagen is here to provide support and quality service in the event of any accident or emergency you may face.
To enjoy these benefits, purchase the Volkswagen Insurance Plan at your nearest Volkswagen service centre.
Our friendly sales and service advisors will be happy to assist you with more information.
Terms & Conditions:
1) Applicable only to private/company registered vehicles which are insured under comprehensive motor coverage. Not applicable to Commercial vehicles.
2) VIP will bear the towing costs to the nearest Volkswagen Authorised Body & Paint Centre for accident towing. In the event where customer requested to tow the vehicle to any another Volkswagen authorised Body & Paint Centre, the additional cost will be borne by customer.
3) Vehicles need to carry out accident claim repairs at our Volkswagen Authorised Body & Paint Centre in order to enjoy speedy claims process and no betterment charges for up to 10 years. (+) Dealer list: F.A Wagen Glenmarie, MHV Autohaus, PHS Autohaus, Wearnes Automotive, WH Autohaus, GBM Juru, GBM Ipoh, Lee Motors Alor Setar, F.A Wagen Skudai & SP Supreme Batu Pahat.
4) VIP program excludes the following criteria: Own death, bodily injury, liability against claim from your passengers, theft of non-factory fitted accessories unless otherwise declared, consequential losses, depreciation, wear & tear, mechanical or technical breakdown or failure, loss / damages arising from an act of nature, kindly refer to Insurance policy documents for more info.
5) When your vehicle is driven by an unnamed driver or a person below the age of 21 or a holder of Provisional / Probation driving license, there is a compulsory excess of RM400 which will be applicable in event of the claims.
6) For cancellation of policy, a minimum premium of RM50 is applicable, excluding stamp duty.
7) Entitled No-Claim Discount (NCD) (if any) will be forfeited from your policy once Own Damage or 3rd Party claim is made on your policy.
8) Your motor insurance will only take effect once premium due has been paid (Cash before cover).
9) Determining the right Sum Insured is important to avoid under insurance and issues, in the event of claim. Our dealers will be able to advise you on the recommended Sum Insured.
10) No-Claim Discount (NCD) is transferable from one vehicle to another provided the vehicles are registered under the same name.
11) The benefits and services stated are subject to eligibility and acceptance by Volkswagen Passenger Cars Malaysia (VPCM) panel of licensed insurers. It will automatically cease if the insurance policy lapses for any reason whatsoever. The benefits and services will also be terminated if you are found by our panel of licensed insurers (in its sole discretion) to be abusing its services.
12) Volkswagen Passenger Cars Malaysia (VPCM) reserves the right to terminate, cancel, cease, suspend, delete or amend any and/or all the stated benefits and services related to the Volkswagen Insurance Plan without prior notice to its members.
13) General Exclusions include War and related risks, government regulations or acts of authorities, suicide, self-inflicted injury or illness, pregnancy, childbirth, physical or mental defect or infirmity, AIDS, AIDS related complex or sexually transmitted diseases, influence of alcohol unless alcohol was not a factor contributing to the happening of the injury, vehicle used for racing, speed-testing, hire, road-rallying or any other illegal business pursuit, accidents outside the Territorial Limits, driver who do not hold a valid driver's license, acts of terrorism.
14) The descriptions of cover are brief summary for quick and easy reference. The precise terms and conditions that apply are in the Insurance Policy Document.
15) Volkswagen Insurance Plan is arranged / underwritten by licensed insurer panel of Volkswagen Passenger Cars Malaysia comprising:
• Allianz General Insurance Company (Malaysia) Bhd
• Etiqa General Takaful Berhad